O.D. Aid is a grassroots overdose prevention and harm reduction program in Fort Worth, Texas. For two years, our community-based harm reduction organization O.D. Aid has been meeting people where they are in Fort Worth. Currently, we are the city's only harm reduction collective.
Here's what we've been up to since 2018:
• Served hundreds of people who use drugs with sterile supplies, naloxone, wound care and first aid, on-site and no-barrier testing/screening, and meeting other basic needs.
• Trained 1,500+ people in overdose prevention and harm reduction 101.
• Expanded services to syringe access, safer consumption supplies, bus passes, food, menstrual supplies and hygiene care, and created linkages to care in our community.
• Hosted convenings of people who use drugs, their loved ones, direct service providers, health care workers, and community leaders to address the crisis of overdose in Fort Worth.
• Paid peers and people with lived experience of drug use and homelessness with available resources for their valuable contributions to our ongoing work.
• Supported a budding community bail fund with financial and material resources to free people held on cash bail in our city.
Our team with Re+Birth Equity Alliance at Tested & Rested August 2020
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Talk with your friends, family and community openly and compassionately about drug use. Share harm reduction tips: don't use alone, test your drugs, go low and slow, and always carry naloxone/Narcan.
- Keep naloxone or Narcan in your medicine cabinet and your workplace and learn how to use it in case of an emergency: naloxone is first aid and opioid overdose can affect anyone. Order free Narcan at morenarcanplease.com or find supplies through NextDistro.
- Subscribe to our newsletter and we'll reach out when we have updates.
- Follow us on Instagram @odaidfw and check out our resources page for more information.
DONATE: @odaid on Venmo; $odaid on CashApp, email@example.com on PayPal and through our website here.
O.D. Aid's nonprofit identification number: 30-1168546